Installing libglade2, small gotcha

Dan Stowell danstowell at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 03:36:24 PST 2008

Hi all -

This is a solved problem, just letting people know for future
reference, and maybe maintainers want to tweak portfiles somehow.

I just tried to install libglade2 and got an error during activation:

--->  Activating libglade2 2.6.3_0
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: shell command
"xmlcatalog --create --noout --add system
http://glade.gnome.org/glade-2.0.dtd
/opt/local/share/xml/libglade/glade-2.0.dtd
/opt/local/etc/xml/catalog" returned error 2
Command output: could not open /opt/local/etc/xml/catalog for saving

This was because /opt/local/etc/xml didn't exist. After reading a
tangentially-related message...
<http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2007-June/003873.html>
...I checked my libxml2 and libxslt and they were fairly old versions:

    libxml2      2.6.30_0 < 2.7.2_0
    libxslt        1.1.15_0 < 1.1.24_0

I upgraded my lixml2 and libxslt and that allowed libglade2 to install
correctly. I wonder if libglade2's dependencies need to include this
knowledge somehow.

Dan

--
http://www.mcld.co.uk