ruby19 install fails

Arto Bendiken arto.bendiken at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 13:39:27 PST 2008

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 3:38 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2008, at 19:04, Joe Davison wrote:
>
> I see the same problem here on the same system. Please file a bug in our
> issue tracker:

To any OS X 10.4 users wanting to try out Ruby 1.9:

As I posted at http://trac.macports.org/ticket/17177, the bleeding
edge SVN snapshots at ftp://ftp.ruby-lang.org/pub/ruby/snapshot.tar.gz
now have this issue fixed, and build fine on 10.4.

However, we can't really use the daily snapshots for the ruby19
portfile as their checksums will be in flux. That means we're stuck
with a broken 1.9 build until the next official 1.9 preview release is
cut upstream, unless someone wants to go through the upstream commits
to figure out how this issue was fixed and then backport a patch to
the 1.9.1-preview1 release referenced from the ruby19 portfile.

--
Arto Bendiken | http://bendiken.net/