upgrading cyrus-sasl2

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Wed Nov 19 17:17:31 PST 2008

On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 02:09:51AM +0100, nox said:
> Le 20 nov. 08 à 01:44, Mark Hattam a écrit :
>
>> iMac:~ mark$ sudo port upgrade outdated
>> --->  Building cyrus-sasl2 with target all
>> Error: cyrus-sasl2 must be deactivated before upgrade.
>> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: Please run `sudo port
>> deactivate cyrus-sasl2` and try again.
>> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
>>
>> iMac:~ mark$ sudo port deactivate cyrus-sasl2
>> --->  Deactivating cyrus-sasl2
>>
>> iMac:~ mark$ sudo port upgrade outdated
>> Can't map the URL 'file://.' to a port description file ("Could not
>> find Portfile in /Users/mark").
>> Please verify that the directory and portfile syntax are correct.
>> To use the current port, you must be in a port's directory.
>> (you might also see this message if a pseudo-port such as
>> outdated or installed expands to no ports).
>> Error: No port  found.
>
> This looks like a base bug, not a bug in cyrus-sasl2 port itself.

That's 12288:

<http://trac.macports.org/ticket/12288>

so much-improved in 1.7.

Though the port in need of an upgrade was still installed just deactivated,
so the big question is whether outdated should pay attention to deactivated
as well?  And I think for cyrus-sasl2, don't you have to completely
uninstall as it'll be reactivated if you try doing an upgrade of it?

Bryan