Lingon Portfile Update: OT

Altoine Barker ndiscreet at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 10:59:17 PST 2008

Erin,

You have made a friend for life! Thank you for those links! I remember
the developers writing about that. I believe all the installers were
submitted by volunteer contributors. I have been reading up on the svn
myself, because believe it or not, mplayer and another port is best from
svn with the exception of like you had already pointed out the issue
with not knowing how to lock onto a particular "snapshot". Almost like
you would have to compile a snapshot and maintain the "working" and
"functional" snapshots yourself! Once again, thank you and you have
really made my day!

-Altoine

nox wrote:
> Le 20 nov. 08 à 00:14, Eric Cronin a écrit :
>

>> On Nov 19, 2008, at 6:00 PM, Altoine Barker wrote:
>>
>>> Eric,
>>>
>>> I must correct you. I am an avid fan of mplayer and I have been
>>> following the releases for a long time. Matter of fact, it was mplayer
>>> that made me look to macports to install mplayer, because it always took
>>> months for someone to release a package for Mac OSX. I will prove it by
>>> simply going to their download area by ftp:
>>>
>>> ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/
>>> MacOSX
>>> MPlayerOSX_1.0rc1.dmg is dated 12/10/06
>>> MPlayerOSX_1.0rc2.dmg is dated 04/30/08
>>> Windows
>>> MPlayer-1.0rc1-gui.zip is dated 10/23/06
>>> MPlayer-1.0rc2-gui.zip is dated 12/06/07
>>> Source
>>> MPlayer-1.0rc1.tar.bz2 is dated 10/22/06