MPlayer Port Suggestion

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Nov 20 16:30:35 PST 2008

On Nov 20, 2008, at 17:38, David Evans wrote:

> I'm not sure if this is what you had in mind or not, but port
> ffmpeg is
> an example of a port that uses svn to fetch a specific revision from a
> repository (because that's the only way they do it).

Well ffmpeg does it a bit of a weird convoluted way, because it wants
to pin down the version of an external definition in ffmpeg's
repository and they haven't done so themselves in the repository like
they should.

The simpler way to fetch source from Subversion is to just use the
keywords MacPorts gives you for that purpose. See the pure-devel port
for an example of that.