php5 port

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 21 20:47:14 PST 2008

On Nov 21, 2008, at 20:21, Scott Haneda wrote:

> On Nov 21, 2008, at 6:08 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Nov 21, 2008, at 18:51, Scott Haneda wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, I have in the past, successfully installed via ports
>>> apache2 with php and mysql.  I have a friend who has been
>>> hobbling together his install, I think sprinkling a little CPAN,
>>> and a little Fink on the recipe as well.  IMO, over seasoning...
>>
>> Yes. It is not supported to mix MacPorts and Fink, and I can't
>> think of why you would need to manually use anything from CPAN.
>> MacPorts includes CPAN modules.
>>
>> Why is your friend not just typing "sudo port install php5"?
>>
>> Has your friend read the guide we have to installing Apache, PHP,
>> MySQL using MacPorts?
>>
>> http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/MAMP
>
> Sorry, I guess I was not clear.  The php5 port for MacPorts has
> certain configure options to it.  Some that are needed for his
> environment are missing. For example, the php5 port does not have
> ldap support, etc etc.

The php5 port uses the configure option "--with-ldap=/usr" so it's
intended that LDAP support exist. Does it not work? I've never tried
it; I don't have an LDAP server. If it's broken and we need to fix
it, let me know, or file a ticket.

What other options do you need? Possibly we can add variants for
them. I assume you've already checked the available variants? ("port
variants php5")