Can't install libglade

Bryan Blackburn blb at macports.org
Sun Nov 23 13:38:42 PST 2008

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 03:15:45AM -0800, Frank J. R. Hanstick said:
> Hello,
> 	During my attempt to install openvrml, I needed to install libglade.  I
> decided to port it via MacPorts (sudo port install libglade) which
> resulted in the following error message:
>
> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/opt/
> local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel_l
> ibglade/work/libglade-0.17" && make all " returned error 2
> Command output: glade-init.c: In function 'glade_init':
> glade-init.c:41: error: nested functions are disabled, use -fnested-
> functions to re-enable

Interesting, I don't see these errors here, on 10.5.5 Intel, Xcode 3.1.1.

[...]
> 	I was able to download libgalde-2.6.3 and install it manually.

Note that the libglade port is not this, you might be looking for libglade2
(which is 2.6.3).

> 	Later, I needed to install libgnomeui and decided to do so via MacPorts
> (sudo port install libgnomeui).  The following occurred when the install
> reached libglade:
>
> --->  Attempting to fetch libglade-2.6.3.tar.bz2 from http://
> mandril.creatis.insa-lyon.fr/linux/gnome.org/sources/libglade/2.6/
[...]
> --->  Activating libglade2 2.6.3_0
> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: shell command "xmlcatalog
> --create --noout --add system http://glade.gnome.org/glade-2.0.dtd
> /opt/local/share/xml/libglade/glade-2.0.dtd /opt/local/etc/xml/catalog"
> returned error 2
> Command output: could not open /opt/local/etc/xml/catalog for saving

I believe this was fixed with a newer version of libxml2, make sure that
port is up to date first.  Afterwards, use 'sudo port activate libglade2' to
finish this up.

> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libbonoboui libglade2
> libgnome esound audiofile libgnomecanvas libart_lgpl
>
> 	Is anyone else having this problem with libglade.
> 	I am using MacPorts-1.6.0-10.4-Tiger and ran sudo port selfupdate today.
> The platform is a 2001 PowerPC G4 Quicksilver upgraded to a dual 1,73 GHz
> MPC-7448 from a dual 800 MHz MPC-7450 with 1.5 GB RAM.  The OS is MacOS
> 10.4.11.

Make sure you also have at least 2.4.1 of Xcode (or 2.5) as you will run
into issues with older versions.

Bryan