Octave packages

Robert Fong-tom rfongtom at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 14:23:02 PST 2008

I ported Octave successfully using MacPorts. I also ported some of
the packages (i.e. octave-io, octave-miscellaneous, octave-image,
etc), however I can't cal any of the functions from these packages.
An example of the error I get is as follows.

octave:2> z=csvread("/Users/robert/Desktop/sell.csv");
error: `csvread' undefined near line 2 column 3

If I do "port installed" all the packages show up as installed. Does
anyone have any thoughts on what could be happening?
Bob