Octave packages

Robert Fong-tom rfongtom at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 07:13:40 PST 2008

On Nov 24, 2008, at 2:19 AM, Alakazam wrote:

> Hello Robert,
>
> On 24 nov. 08, at 06:51, Robert Fong-tom wrote:
>
>> I noticed that some functions of the packages listed at http://
>> octave.sourceforge.net/ does not exist in the packages ported from
>> MacPorts. Foe example, in octave-financial the function does not
>> appear to exist in the MacPorts ported version. However, the
>> MacPorts version of octave-image is 0.2.2 while the version at
>> octave.sourceforge.net is 0.3.0.
>
> This seems to indicate that we (the octave portfile maintainers)
> should update the octave-* packages. I'll try to look into it this
> week. You can also open a ticket on the trac system to indicate the
> outdated ports (https://trac.macports.org/newticket, registration
> required iirc).
>
>> Another example is the busdays function in the octave-time
>> package. Where can I find  the functions available on my system? I
>> would like to check to make sure that these functions do not exist
>> on my system.
>
> If your macports installation is standard, you can find the octave-
> * files in
>
>> /opt/local/libexec/octave/packages
>

> --
> Alakazam <alakazam at melix.net>

Per my previous e-mail, I uninstalled the octave-time and octave-
financial packages with the same results (i.e. missing function). I
then executed the "port contents [name of port]" command and found
the files for these ports in

/opt/local/share/octave/packages

This location seems to be OK since some of functions (I only checked
one) work. However, the busdays.m function from the octave-time
package and the fetch.m function from the octave-financial package
are not listed in the above directories. So there are missing functions!

What would happen if I just copy the busdays.m file and the fetch.m
file to the above location? Would that work?