Apache2 & MySQL authentication

Jeff Stubbs jeff at cjstubbs.org
Mon Nov 24 07:58:02 PST 2008

I need to setup a MP install of apache2 to authenticate with MySQL5.
All the necessary ports installed successfully. apr-util was built
with the +mysql5 variant and the needed apr_dbd_mysql.so was created
in /opt/local/lib/apr-util-1/ directory. I think my confusion is
arising from the differences between the MP's install and the
documentation on the Apache web site. There, it's assumed that you're
building the bundled apr-util when you build the server and the .so
will be installed automatically. I won't be able to work on the
machine till Wednesday evening, so I wished to question anyone with
more experience.

I think I need to copy the apr_dbd_mysql.so to apache2's module
directory and then invoke apxs to install it.

Never really messed with apxs, other than following the php5 port's
instruction. I guess it will fail, if I don't invoke it correctly. Any
hints to cut short my experimenting?

Thanks,

Jeff