libglade2 fails to install with an xmlcatalog error?

Bryan Blackburn 0x62_0x6c_0x62 at pobox.com
Wed Oct 1 00:09:38 PDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 12:44:01AM -0500, Ryan Schmidt said:

> On Sep 30, 2008, at 10:57 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:
>
> >> On one of my systems I got:
> >>
> >> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: shell command
> >> "xmlcatalog --noout --add system http://glade.gnome.org/
> >> glade-2.0.dtd /mp/share/xml/libglade/glade-2.0.dtd /mp/etc/xml/
> >> catalog" returned error 2
> >> Command output: could not open /mp/etc/xml/catalog for saving
> >> add command failed
> >>
> >> /mp is my MacPorts prefix. There is a directory /mp/etc but no
> >> directory /mp/etc/xml.
> >
> > If creating the ${prefix}/etc/xml directory gets this to work, perhaps
> > libxml2 (which provides xmlcatalog) should install that directory?
>
> It doesn't really help. If I create ${prefix}/etc/xml, then when
> activating libglade2, a file ${prefix}/etc/xml/catalog is created,
> but it is empty, and I still get:
>
> --->  Activating libglade2 @2.6.3_0
> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: shell command
> "xmlcatalog --noout --add system http://glade.gnome.org/
> glade-2.0.dtd /mp/share/xml/libglade/glade-2.0.dtd /mp/etc/xml/
> catalog" returned error 3
> Command output: add command failed

Looks like the xmlcatalog in libglade2 needs the --create switch then
(and ${prefix}/etc/xml probably still should be created by libxml2):

   system "xmlcatalog --create --noout --add system \
      http://glade.gnome.org/glade-2.0.dtd \
      ${prefix}/share/xml/libglade/glade-2.0.dtd \
      ${prefix}/etc/xml/catalog"

Fortunately it appears that --create doesn't overwrite entries already
present, at least with my quick bit of testing.  I believe the file exists
on my system because of one of the docbook ports.

Bryan