Port for python26: batteries not included (or available)?

Brett Hoerner bretthoerner at gmail.com
Sat Oct 4 07:20:18 PDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 8:50 AM, Brett Hoerner <bretthoerner at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems that the Port for python26 doesn't include many of the
> batteries that come with python, nor are there ports to install them
> by hand.  [snip]

Ah, I found the following in
/opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/lang/python26/files/patch-setup.py.diff

-disabled_module_list = []
+disabled_module_list =
["zlib","_hashlib","_ssl","_bsddb","_sqlite3","_tkinter","bz2","gdbm","readline","_curses","_curses_panel"]

Although I don't understand it's purpose.  The same is being done on
Python25, although as I noted the packages are at least offered by
other ports.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brett