Sane backends wrong checksum?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Oct 4 17:14:46 PDT 2008

On Oct 4, 2008, at 00:13, Ross Walker wrote:

> I've been getting checksum errors on the sane-backends and cleaning
> out the workdir doesn't seem to fix it.
>
> Is the checksum in the portfile current?
>
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for sane-backends
> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for sane-backends-1.0.19.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for sane-backends-1.0.19.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for sane-backends-1.0.19.tar.gz
> Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
> checksums
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
> rivendell:~ root# port clean --work sane-backends
> --->  Cleaning sane-backends
> rivendell:~ root# port upgrade outdated
> --->  Fetching sane-backends
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for sane-backends
> Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for sane-backends-1.0.19.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (sha1) mismatch for sane-backends-1.0.19.tar.gz
> Error: Checksum (rmd160) mismatch for sane-backends-1.0.19.tar.gz
> Error: Target org.macports.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
> checksums
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
> rivendell:~ root#

Cleaning the work directory is insufficient because the distfile is
not stored in the work directory. It's stored in the distpath. You
need to "port clean --all sane-backends" to remove both the work
directory and the distpath. This is documented in the FAQ on checksum
errors:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/
FAQ#IgetError:checksummd5sha1rmd160mismatchforport.WhatcanIdoaboutit

It works fine for me, so hopefully you just got a bad download and
cleaning will let you download it again. If not, please show us which
server it downloaded the file from; the port defines several possible
download locations.