Gnome won't install

Benedick Miller benlight at mac.com
Sat Oct 4 18:45:31 PDT 2008

On 4 Oct 2008, at 07:42, Frank Schima wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2008, at 10:55 PM, Benedick Miller wrote:
>
>> Thanks to all for help and advice. I have tried all suggestions.
>> After
>> several attempts, including port selfudate and port clean etc. the
>> command:
>>
>> $ sudo port install gnucash
>>
>> simply does not work on my system. The list of failed dependencies is
>> huge. Perhaps, one day, when I don't have to work and I don't have a
>> life I will try installing each failed dependency one by one.
>> Perhaps.
>> For now I'll give up.
>
> Please try the following:
>
> sudo port selfupdate
> sudo port -pf uninstall gnucash aqbanking aqbanking3 gwenhywfar
> gwenhywfar3
> sudo port install gnucash
>

> Cheers!
> Frank

In fact I tried this: uninstall macports completely. Reinstall
Macports. sudo port selfupdate. sudo port install gnucash. Error log
below. Sorry I can't work out what I am doing wrong! Does anyone have
gnucash working with macports?

miranda:~ ben$ sudo port install gnucash

{{{--->  Activating libglade2 2.6.3_0
Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: shell command
"xmlcatalog --noout --add system http://glade.gnome.org/glade-2.0.dtd /
opt/local/share/xml/libglade/glade-2.0.dtd /opt/local/etc/xml/catalog"
returned error 2
Command output: could not open /opt/local/etc/xml/catalog for saving
add command failed

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: aqbanking3
libglade2 libofx opensp libtool automake autoconf help2man p5-locale-
gettext m4 qt3 evince audiofile dbus dbus-glib esound gconf orbit2
libidl gdk-pixbuf glib1 gtk1 gnome-doc-utils docbook-xml docbook-
xml-4.1.2 xmlcatmgr docbook-xml-4.2 docbook-xml-4.3 docbook-xml-4.4
docbook-xml-4.5 docbook-xsl iso-codes py25-hashlib openssl libxslt
py25-gobject py25-libxml2 py25-numeric rarian getopt gnome-icon-theme
hicolor-icon-theme icon-naming-utils p5-xml-simple p5-xml-
namespacesupport p5-xml-sax gnome-keyring gnome-vfs desktop-file-utils
popt gnome-mime-data libart_lgpl libgnome libbonobo libgnomecanvas
libgnomeui libbonoboui nautilus eel gnome-desktop gnome-themes gtk-
engines2 gvfs libsoup py25-gnome py25-gtk py25-cairo py25-numpy fftw-3
py25-nose py25-setuptools py25-zlib py25-orbit startup-notification
gnome-menus librsvg libcroco libgsf bzip2 libexif poppler poppler-data
goffice guile16 libgnomeprintui libgnomeprint bison libgnomecups
libgtkhtml3 enchant p5-finance-quote p5-crypt-ssleay p5-libwww-perl p5-
compress-zlib p5-compress-raw-zlib p5-io-compress-base p5-io-compress-
zlib p5-html-parser p5-html-tagset p5-uri p5-datemanip p5-html-
tableextract slib slib-guile16
Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.}}}