Gnome won't install

William Davis frstan at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 6 10:41:18 PDT 2008

On Oct 6, 2008, at 1:14 PM, Frank Schima wrote:

> On Oct 6, 2008, at 9:35 AM, Bernard Watts wrote:
>
>> I've just installed Gwyddion on a Power PC macos x 10.4.11and some
>> of my experiences (for neophytes only)
>>
>> Xcode isn't necessarily installed it needs unpacking
>> It needs to be a sufficiently updated version of Xcode. I used
>> version 2.4.1. Yes sign into the apple developers to get to the
>> download and then install.
>>
>> type "export PATH=$PATH:/opt/local/bin" if you get "sudo port
>> command not found"
>> Follow the instructions
>
> This is not quite right. Please see the problem hotlist [1] to solve
> this problem permanently. This is also noted in the Install Guide [2].
> Cheers!
> Frank

Pardon me for speaking frankly but! "to solve this problem
permanently" will take an updated version of port with the bug fix in
place. This situation has gone on for many months now and I can NOT
understand why version 1.61 of port has not been released fixing this
path problem.

William Davis
frstanATbellsouthDOTnet
Mac OS X.5.5 Darwin 9.5.0
XQuartz 2.3.1 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple17)
Mac Mini Intel Duo @ 1.86 GHz

Mundus vult decepi, ego non