There is no release manager! There is no release manager!

David Liontooth liontooth at cogweb.net
Wed Oct 8 09:24:20 PDT 2008

Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> Ryan.  I hate to do this to you, I really do, but given the degree to
> which you've been active in this project and the fact that you clearly
> know your way around, I don't suppose YOU would be willing to do this
> for at least one release, just to get the ball rolling again, as it
> were?   The quoted paragraph clearly demonstrates an agenda of sorts,
> without which any RE cannot truly be effective, and I think the other
> volunteers would find you a more than credible candidate for the job
> and be willing to follow/help you as necessary.  Again, I am not
> suggesting that you volunteer (or "be volunteered" :-) for anything
> more than this 1.7.0 release, we just need to break the log jam and
> there are very few people I can think of who have demonstrated your
> level of commitment to this project (the svn logs speak for
> themselves!).

I second the nomination of Ryan as executive release manager. He has
been incredibly helpful, consistently skilful, and invariably polite,
and it can only help the project to give him more responsibilities. As
he knows the ropes and has been active with port updates, he is already
at lift-off speed for the task. He will also be a great resource for the
rest of the release manager team; it's important we avoid the situation
where too much rests for too long on one pair of shoulders.

For the immediate next release, we will all be very relieved and
grateful to have an experienced hand.

David