upgrading gimp2

Duc N Nguyen ducleotide at gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 13:52:25 PDT 2008

I am trying to upgrade gimp2 with python scripting enabled.  However,
during the install ports is trying to install python24.  Why is that?
Shouldn't port know that I have python25 already installed?

I already have python25 installed and don't want to install python24.
Is there a way to keep gimp2 from trying to install python24.  I was
looking at the dependencies of gimp2 and saw that only py25-gtk is the
only python dependency.  Are there any other dependencies of gimp2
that have python24 as a dependent?

Any help or clarification is much appreciated.

Thank you,
Duc