upgrading gimp2

David Evans macports at orindasoftware.com
Wed Oct 8 15:48:31 PDT 2008

David Evans wrote:
> Duc N Nguyen wrote:
>
>> I am trying to upgrade gimp2 with python scripting enabled.  However,
>> during the install ports is trying to install python24.  Why is that?
>> Shouldn't port know that I have python25 already installed?
>>
>> I already have python25 installed and don't want to install python24.
>> Is there a way to keep gimp2 from trying to install python24.  I was
>> looking at the dependencies of gimp2 and saw that only py25-gtk is the
>> only python dependency.  Are there any other dependencies of gimp2
>> that have python24 as a dependent?
>>
>> Any help or clarification is much appreciated.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Duc
>>

> Yes, it looks like asciidoc depends on python24.  Perhaps the asciidoc
> maintainer can comment on
> this.

To be a bit clearer, gimp2 depends on gegl which depends on asciidoc to
generate documentation.

I have just submitted a patch for gegl which disables docs unless you
explicitly ask for them via
the +html_doc variant.   When this is committed, it should avoid the
dependency you mention.
Also upgrades gegl to 0.0.20.

See https://trac.macports.org/ticket/16796

Let me know if this helps