Hey, I would like to propose that we cut the gordian knot.

Ware, Ryan R ryan_ware at me.com
Thu Oct 9 10:42:43 PDT 2008

I would have to say that given what I've seen, I encourage this
approach unless the current portmgr team wants to stand up immediately
and say they can commit to the short-term time needed to defining and
ratifying a voting process.  If that is not something they can commit
to, then I would suggest that given acceptance of the individuals
noted below (or some subset of them likely no less then three
individuals in size), that their first task is to determine what the
voting process will be in the future.

I would also strongly support a time limit on the terms so that the
community has some method to impact how the project is being governed
as well as giving members of the portmgr team a method of moving on if
they can no longer commit their time and energy.

Ryan