macports and Xcode

Emmanuel Hainry milosh at macports.org
Sun Oct 12 02:01:25 PDT 2008

Citando Ryan Schmidt :

> On Oct 11, 2008, at 07:50, Emmanuel Hainry wrote:
>
>>> Another factor (though I think we're just discussing philosphy, not
>>> immediate plans): Every port maintainer and core developer uses
>>> Xcode.
>>
>> Such a statement had to have an exception: I no longer use Xcode as my
>> powerbook is now dead. I use the build tools provided by my linux
>> distribution. Note that it becomes difficult as MacPorts trunk
>> believes
>> I don't have gcc installed just because my gcc is not the same version
>> as Apple's.
>
> Do you encounter an error message or worse? If so, that could be a
> MacPorts bug. Of course we want MacPorts to basically work on other
> operating systems, but many of us have never tested it on other than Mac
> OS X. So let us know what's wrong.

I get an error message, yes:

DEBUG: Executing org.macports.configure
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: Invalid value for
configure.compiler

My way of dealing with that was to modify a few lines in
portconfigure.tcl: there's a
switch -exact "${os.platform} ${os.major}" {
block that sets configure.compiler for the different darwins. I added a
line "default" that sets it as gcc, g++, cpp. Not sure if that is the
good way to do however.

Emmanuel