Monodoc

Bart Masschelein masschel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 02:10:45 PDT 2008

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org>wrote:

> On Oct 14, 2008, at 02:37, Bart Masschelein wrote:
>
>  On 12 Oct 2008, at 23:10, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>  On Oct 12, 2008, at 15:40, Bart Masschelein wrote:
>>>
>>>  Bart already did that ;-). Currently I'm figuring out in which package

>> I found out that glade-sharp is installed when you first install
>> libglade2, and afterwards gtk-sharp2. If you install the latter without
>> having installed the former, it seems it does not install glade-sharp.
>>
>> Up to the next weirdness ;-)
>>

> Thanks for discovering that. That's a bug. I filed it here:
>
> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/16860

(resending, including the mailing list, and some addition)

You might be right, I don't know much about the details of these packages.
But couldn't it be that when installing gtk-sharp2, it checks for other
installed packages, and based on the availability, it installs additional
sharp bindings? Something in the line of: this user does not have libglade2
installed, so probably he will not need glade-sharp bindings either, I will
skip this installation?

I don't really know if gtk-sharp2 is useful without glade or not, but if it
is useful in some cases, this might be the explanation, and in that sense
there is not really a dependency.

In your ticket you write:

> or it should disable the creation of glade-sharp unless a
> variant is selected.

That's what it does currently, I guess: it installs gtk-sharp2 without any
problem, but without glade-sharp.

Bart