texlive_base failed to build

Frank J. R. Hanstick trog24 at comcast.net
Fri Oct 17 16:15:21 PDT 2008

Hello,
	Forgot, the replay does not return to the cc.  I just switched it.
	The path structure points to /opt/local/bin first instead of /usr/
bin; therefore, I pickup the gcc_select in /opt/local/bin gcc_select
which is what I want so long as I do not hit -obj/C++.  I had read
somewhere that MacPort always used /usr/bin/gcc and bypassed
gcc_select.  I gather that this is not true.
Frank