loader error, uninstall fails

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Oct 19 14:53:38 PDT 2008

On Oct 19, 2008, at 02:51, David Epstein wrote:

> I have version 2.4.1 of Xcode.
> I am running Mac Os X 10.4.11 on an Intel Mac Pro. I have an
> alarming number
> of versions of libcc, though possibly some are linked to others. I
> would
> have expected the port of exiv2 to use one of the versions in /opt/
> local,
> rather than the Apple versions.

All ports compile with Apple's gcc from Xcode, unless they include a
statement like "configure.compiler macports-gcc-4.3" and "depends_lib
port:gcc43" to indicate that they specifically want a newer GCC built
with MacPorts. exiv2 does not have these statements, so it's normal
that it's using Apple's gcc.