loader error, uninstall fails

Frank J. R. Hanstick trog24 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 20 15:59:40 PDT 2008

Hello,
	Just on a lark, I tried porting on my Quicksilver (PowerPC G4) and
got the same error though limited to __divdi3, __udivdi3, and
__umoddi3.  I looked at the configuration and noticed that it is the
same as described.  I had just updated from XCode 2.4.0 to XCode
2.4.5 so I know that I have the latest XCode for Tiger.  This does
appear to be the same as #16728; but, that still begs the question of
why I am trying to get the same definitions from two separate
places.  What is the difference between  /usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-apple-
darwin8/4.0.1/libgcc.a and /usr/lib/libgcc_s.10.4.dylib and are both
intended to be stand alone libraries or are they suppose to work in
tandem.  It they are to work in tandem, then there is a problem of
having the same definition in both and if they are to work as
standalone, then the build needs to select one or the other from
known multiple definitions.
Frank