loader error, uninstall fails

David Epstein David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk
Mon Oct 20 23:47:24 PDT 2008

Bryan Blackburn-4 wrote:

> [..snip..]
>
> I think that looks the same as ticket #16728:
> <http://trac.macports.org/ticket/16728>
> There's a possible workaround listed there if you feel like trying it,
> though I believe that workaround shouldn't be needed with a new version of
> MacPorts.
> Bryan

The workaround you refer to looks pretty simple to implement. Before I try
it, are there any hazards associated to the port edit and port build
commands for exiv2? Will I have to remember to do anything special in the
future when the problem gets fixed? Is the port build command a substitute
for port install?

Finally, is there a standard way to request to be put on a cc list when
there is any contribution to discussion on the ticket to which Bryan refers?

thanks
David