cloning an entire Macports installation to a 2nd Mac?

David Stein dcstein77 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 13:38:51 PDT 2008

I'd like to copy my entire Macports installation from one 10.4 Mac to
another.  Both are Intels.  I'm aware of Binary Archives (e.g. "port
archive logrotate") and Binary Packages (e.g. "port pkg pstree"), but
is there a simple solution given that I want to clone *everything*?
Perhaps I can just tar & copy all directories mentioned in the
uninstall documentation:

http://guide.macports.org/#installing.macports.uninstalling

Any advice would be appreciated.  I didn't see this issue addressed by the FAQ.

David