Integration of GetText and PHP

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Oct 22 20:53:57 PDT 2008

On Oct 22, 2008, at 20:25, Михаил А wrote:

> I  installed GetText via MacPorts&
> It is depended on by many other  ports,
> and I have  PHP5 built from source.
> How can i Adding Gettext Extension for PH5 ?
> ( Integration of GetText and PHP)
> I try it: go to /etc and edit php.ini with  editor and add this line:
> extension=gettext.so
> re-run appache and go to http://localhost/test  and  I can not see
> in PHP configuration
> the line  -  GetText support enabled
>
> 5/iMac/ Intel Core2Duo/Mac OSX 10.5.5

On Windows, you load extensions like that, but on every other OS,
including Mac OS X, you just compile support for whatever it is into
PHP itself. So you would need to recompile PHP adding this configure
parameter:

--with-gettext=/opt/local

Consider using the php5 port in MacPorts to compile PHP. It includes
this and many other options already. If the php5 port is
unsatisfactory, let me know why and maybe I can change it to make it
work better for you.