Problems Activating ports . . .

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Oct 24 00:54:46 PDT 2008

On Oct 24, 2008, at 02:38, ademmler wrote:

> Am 23.10.2008 um 21:29 schrieb Ryan Schmidt:
>
>> On Oct 23, 2008, at 11:00, ademmler wrote:
>>
>>> I am trying to install p5-dbd-mysql.
>>> All went fine until "Activation". this step just does not finish.
>>> I let it run a couple hours - but it just gives no error messages.
>>>
>>> [Desktop/> activate p5-dbd-mysql
>>> --->  Activating p5-dbd-mysql
>>>
>>> . . . . does never stop
>>
>> Try with debug output. Maybe it will tell us more.
>>
>> sudo port -d activate p5-dbd-mysql
>
> Hi Ryan,
>
> no change since 1hour . . .
> How can I cleanup the prot system in order to try it from the scratch.
> Using uninstall made no difference. Shall I remove all by hand?

It doesn't show anything after "Activating p5-dbd-mysql"? Even in
debug mode? Even after uninstalling p5-dbd-mysql and trying again?
That is odd. Activate isn't anything special either. It's not even
something individual ports can control. Activation is just MacPorts
making a bunch of hardlinks from one place to another. You do have
some disk space free?

If it's not too inconvenient to uninstall all of MacPorts and start
over, then that should hopefully fix it. Uninstall instructions are
in the FAQ:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#HowdoIremoveoruninstallMacPorts

P.S: Use Reply All so your reply goes to the list too, not just to me.