clamav fails to upgrade | 0.93.3_1 < 0.94_0 | 10.4.11 PPC

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Sun Oct 26 10:31:37 PDT 2008

On Oct 26, 2008, at 6:57 AM, Tobias Weisserth wrote:
> for more than a month I am trying to upgrade clamav on my PowerBook
> running 10.4.11 and the latest MacPorts.

If you have problems, you should open a ticket in trac so that you
don't have to wait a month for an answer.

> _ppm_constructor referenced from libclamunrar expected to be defined
> in /opt/local/lib/libclamunrar.5.dylib
> _ppm_destructor referenced from libclamunrar expected to be defined
> in /opt/local/lib/libclamunrar.5.dylib
> _rar_init_filters referenced from libclamunrar expected to be
> defined in /opt/local/lib/libclamunrar.5.dylib
> _rar_unpack referenced from libclamunrar expected to be defined in /
> opt/local/lib/libclamunrar.5.dylib
> _rarvm_free referenced from libclamunrar expected to be defined in /
> opt/local/lib/libclamunrar.5.dylib

Of course, in this case you may have even been able to find the
solution:

% sudo port -f uninstall clamav
% sudo port clean --all clamav
% sudo port install clamav

The problem is that when building the new clamav, the build process
finds the old clamav libraries and links to them instead. I haven't
had a chance to solve this for the port, and upstream simply says that
building a new clamav while the old one is installed is unsupported.

--
Daniel J. Luke