Postfix's main.cf

Charles Darwin macports.users at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 18:28:40 PDT 2008

On 26-Oct-08, at 8:43 PM, Rainer Müller wrote:

> Charles Darwin wrote:
>> I would like to do 2 things:
>> 1. send emails over the Internet either using my ISP's smtp server or
>> gmail's smtp
>
> I have a similar setup using instructions from this site:
> <http://www.hserus.net/wiki/index.php/Postfix>
>

> But I am using postfix provided by Apple.

I just tried the like above and here are incompatible parts so far:

- there is no smtp_sasl_auth_enable in main.cf but I found one in
main.cf.default
- where is `etc/postfix/sasl_passwd`
sudo ls PATH/to/opt/etc/postfix/sasls*
ls: PATH/to/opt/etc/postfix/sasls*: No such file or directory

Thanks,
Charles