Postfix's main.cf

markd at macports.org markd at macports.org
Mon Oct 27 10:50:51 PDT 2008

>> $ sudo postfix start
>> PATH/to/opt/etc/postfix/postfix-script: line 220: ls: command not
>> found
>
>I get that too. It can't find the operating system's "ls" command.
>
>I modified postfix-script to print out the value of PATH when it's
>running. I get:
>
>/opt/local/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin
>
>So /bin, where ls resides, is not in the PATH. I don't know why
>postfix is excluding that vital path.

There was a ticket on that.  The other issues were already fixed.

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/10644

I've never understood why it can't find 'ls'.  But it seems since no
better solution is available for this longstanding issue, I committed a
hack to fix it in r41192, and then updated the port to 2.5.5 in a
subsequent commit.  Please try a selfupdate after a short wait and test
2.5.5.  It should be fixed.

Mark