error -- cpanp-run-perl wrapper

Shawn Protsman protsman at mac.com
Tue Oct 28 16:05:12 PDT 2008

I don't know if this is a problem with the macports version of cpanp,
per se (though it works fine on my two Linux systems).

cpanp-run-perl-5.10 is found in my path:

@naiad ~] which cpanp-run-perl-5.10
/opt/local/bin/cpanp-run-perl-5.10

When I start cpanp-5.10, I get an error about my perlwrapper:

@naiad ~/Desktop/test] cpanp-5.10
[ERROR] Could not find the 'cpanp-run-perl' binary in your path--this
may be a problem.
Please locate this program and set your 'perlwrapper' config entry to
its path.
 From the default shell, you can do this by typing:

   s program perlwrapper FULL_PATH_TO_CPANP_RUN_PERL
   s save

I set this to "/opt/local/bin/cpanp-run-perl-5.10" and it writes it to
the User.pm file.

@naiad ~] grep wrapper .cpanplus/lib/CPANPLUS/Config/User.pm
     $conf->set_program( perlwrapper => '/opt/local/bin/cpanp-run-
perl-5.10' );

But, when launching cpanp-5.10 again, I get the same error. I created
a link like this to get around it:

sudo ln -s cpanp-run-perl-5.10 cpanp-run-perl

--Shawn