rsync.macports.org down??

Soo-Hyun Choi s.choi at hackers.org.uk
Tue Sep 9 03:09:01 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I've recently downloaded macports-1.6 and did selfupdate but failed with the
following error message.

planet:~ soohyunc$ sudo port -v selfupdate
Synchronizing local ports tree from rsync://
rsync.macports.org/release/ports/
rsync: getaddrinfo: rsync.macports.org 873: nodename nor servname provided,
or not known
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at
/SourceCache/rsync/rsync-35.2/rsync/clientserver.c(105) [receiver=2.6.9]
Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Couldn't sync the ports
tree: Synchronization the local ports tree failed doing rsync

So, I did checking if rsync.macports.org running okay with the following
command, but failed again.
planet:~ soohyunc$ telnet rsync.macports.org 873
rsync.macports.org: nodename nor servname provided, or not known

Is rsync.macports.org completely down? Any solution to this?

Thanks,
Soo-Hyun