xpdf throws error

Joerg van den Hoff j.van_den_hoff at fzd.de
Fri Sep 12 03:26:16 PDT 2008

hello,

not sure, whether its right to ask, but:

I just managed to install xpdf (universial variant). It works OK but at
each start gives the error

Error: No paper information available - using defaults

in the terminal window _although_ I have

psPaperSize		A4

in my .xpdfrc.

using `xpdf -paper A4 file.pdf' does the same. my older xpdf (having other
problems related to proper zooming) still from `fink' days did'nt do
this. while the error does no visible harm (display's OK), it's
still irritating to always get "errors" at program start.

how come?

joerg