problem building parts of KDE

Glenn English ghe at slsware.com
Fri Sep 12 11:57:32 PDT 2008

I installed MacPorts last night (MacPorts-1.6.0-10.5-Leopard.dmg on a
Mac Pro), so I claim n00b :-)

I'm trying to install kmymoney. Hours of KDE / *nix dependencies built
last night (and a couple other little things I installed were fine), but
the kmymoney install always stops at libidn.

Most of the dependencies first listed as having failed to build, did
when I 'port install'ed them individually.

I saw something promising in the mailing list archives, but it was a
problem compiling kmymoney itself, and I'm not to that point yet. That
post, though, sounded like he was installing the whole KDE, and that
everything had fetched and built except one program. For me, kdelibs3
and kdebase3 don't build either.

I did a selfupdate; it said all was already up to date. Nor have I made
any changes to the list of repositories. What might be going wrong?

Here's 'port -v':

> maxi:bin root# ./port -v install kmymoney
> --->  Fetching libidn
> --->  libidn-1.9.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /opt/local/var/macports/distfiles/libidn
> --->  Attempting to fetch libidn-1.9.tar.gz from ftp://alpha.gnu.org/pub/gnu/libidn/
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
> --->  Attempting to fetch libidn-1.9.tar.gz from http://josefsson.org/libidn/releases/
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
> --->  Attempting to fetch libidn-1.9.tar.gz from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/libidn
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
> --->  Attempting to fetch libidn-1.9.tar.gz from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
>   0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0
> --->  Attempting to fetch libidn-1.9.tar.gz from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/libidn
>   % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
>                                  Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
> Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed
> Warning: the following items did not execute (for libidn): org.macports.activate org.macports.fetch org.macports.extract org.macports.checksum org.macports.patch org.macports.configure org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: kdebase3 kdelibs3 libidn unsermake

- --
Glenn English
ghe at slsware.com