MacPorts-1.6.0 Won't Build

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Sep 13 14:53:27 PDT 2008

On Sep 13, 2008, at 4:25 PM, Etherous wrote:

> On Sep 13, 2008, at 2:29 PM, Bryan Blackburn wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 01:34:27PM -0600, Etherous said:
>>
>>> Running MacBook: Intel Core Duo with Mac OS 10.5.4
>>>
>>> I already tried the DarwinPorts-1.6.0-10.5-Leopard.dmg version.
>>> The .pkg
>>> SEEMED to run successfully, but whatever it did, it didn't install
>>> DarwinPorts.
>>
>> Where did you find a DarwinPorts 1.6 DMG?  DarwinPorts ended prior
>> to 1.6 so
>> all DMG's [1] should be called MacPorts-1.6.0*.
>
> http://www.portcode.com/darwinports/DarwinPorts-1.5.0-10.4.dmg

I don't know what "portcode" is but that web site is not affiliated
with this project.

Also you'll note that's version 1.5.0 for Mac OS X 10.4; the current
version is 1.6.0 and is of course available from our website, in
flavors for Mac OS X 10.3, 10.4 and 10.5:

http://www.macports.org/install.php

Before installing, you should run through our uninstall instructions,
in case your previous attempt did in fact install something which
might conflict with a correct installation:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#HowdoIremoveoruninstallMacPorts

More info about installing MacPorts is here:

http://guide.macports.org/#installing

You'll probably have to set up your .profile manually; see:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/ProblemHotlist#a.profilenotsetup

If you need further help, please let us know!