cups is ...

Tom Allison tom at tacocat.net
Mon Sep 15 04:41:49 PDT 2008

I'm stuck.

I am trying to print to a remote printer through cups.
It's worked for years.
I moved my subnet to a different class and relabled the printer IP in
the cups.conf file to point to the new printer location.

I can get firefox to print.
Everything else fails.

I get either a 'Error while printing' or 'An Unknown Error Occurred
while Printing'.

Problem is, the cups log don't even show the notebook trying to access
the server.  And print Preview fails as well.

So I'm inclined to think that the problem lies in the client rather than
the server.  I recently went through some upgrades of the OS and here I
am.  Not a fan of Apple right now...