sane-backends ck sum error

Bryan Blackburn 0x62_0x6c_0x62 at pobox.com
Tue Sep 16 13:01:32 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 11:39:24AM -0700, Scott C. Kennedy said:
> I'm still having this issue after waiting 6+ hours. :)
>
>     Biko:~ sck$ sudo port selfupdate
>
>     MacPorts base version 1.600 installed
>
>     Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.600
>
>     The MacPorts installation is not outdated and so was not updated
>     sudo porselfupdate done!
>     Biko:~ sck$ sudo port sync

FYI, selfupdate also does what sync does, so this is redundant.

>     Biko:~ sck$ sudo port clean --all sane-backends
>     --->  Cleaning sane-backends
>     Biko:~ sck$ sudo port install sane-backends
>     --->  Fetching sane-backends
>     --->  Attempting to fetch sane-backends-1.0.19.tar.gz from
>     http://alioth.debian.org/frs/download.php/1669/

That's odd, this is the old location, so it seems like the selfupdate/sync
didn't grab the latest.  Try using

$ sudo port -d selfupdate

This will output quite a bit of stuff, you want to watch for something along
the lines of

sent 50740 bytes  received 414170 bytes  29994.19 bytes/sec
total size is 18806023  speedup is 40.45

That means it successfully retrieved files; if you see error messages from
rsync, do you have a firewall in your way that doesn't allow rsync and
perhaps need a proxy?

Bryan

[...]