Configure error macport - mkvToolnix

Paul Guyot pguyot at kallisys.net
Sun Sep 21 05:47:30 PDT 2008

Le 21 sept. 08 à 14:09, Mine a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to install mkvToolnix OSX 10.4.11.  All the required
> other files installed
> but when configuring mkvToolnix, I got the following error message:
>
> *** Not checking for wxWidgets: disabled by user request
> checking for magic_open in -lmagic... no
> checking for boostlib >= 1.20.0... yes
> checking whether the Boost::Regex library is available... yes
> checking for main in -lboost_regex-mt... no
> checking for main in -lboost_regex-boost_regex-mt... no
> configure: error: Could not link against boost_regex-boost_regex-mt !

You probably don't have the file
/opt/local/lib/libboost_regex-mt.dylib

Which version of boost do you have?
$ port installed boost

The mkvtoolnix port was built with latest boost (1.35.0_2) and maybe
libboost_regex-mt is not provided by earlier versions. The solution
would be to upgrade boost and try to install mkvtoolnix again. Your
setup seems similar to mine (10.4.11/ppc).

Regards,

Paul