Creating source packages?

Michel Salim hircus at macports.org
Mon Sep 22 11:43:55 PDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Jay Levitt
<lists-macports at shopwatch.org> wrote:
> I have a developer who lives in a rural area, with no broadband access.
> (OK, stop laughing.)  Worse, his 28.8K dialup ISP has an 8-hour max
> session time, so anything signifcantly large just can't be downloaded,
> period.
>
> I want to send him a DVD-ROM of some large packages.  Ideally, I'd want
> them to look like just another source to MacPorts, so that the builds,
> updates, etc. all happen within MacPorts.  (Kinda like Fedora install
> CDs.)    And I want them to include all dependencies.

This might not be what you're looking for, but how about building a
minimal MacPorts installation on your machine (using the same OS
revision and arch as the developer's), and just sending a tarball of
/opt/local ?

--
miʃel salim • http://hircus.jaiku.com/
IUCS • msalim at cs.indiana.edu