list element in braces followed by "}" instead of space

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Sep 22 14:22:58 PDT 2008

On Sep 22, 2008, at 3:06 PM, Darren Weber wrote:

> I have a local port repository under my home path where I am testing a
> new port for libpqxx (see attached).  When I try to install this port,
> I get the following:
>
> [ dweber at elegans ~/ports ]$ sudo port install libpqxx
> Password:
> Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
> --->  Fetching libpqxx
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for libpqxx
> --->  Extracting libpqxx
> --->  Configuring libpqxx
> --->  Building libpqxx with target all
> --->  Staging libpqxx into destroot
> --->  Installing libpqxx 2.6.9_0
> list element in braces followed by "}" instead of space
>

> Thereafter, I can't do anything with this port, eg:
>
> [ dweber at elegans ~/ports ]$ sudo port lint libpqxx
> list element in braces followed by "}" instead of space
> [ dweber at elegans ~/ports ]$ sudo port clean --all libpqxx
> Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
> list element in braces followed by "}" instead of space
> [ dweber at elegans ~/ports ]$ sudo port install libpqxx
> list element in braces followed by "}" instead of space
>

> Is this a sign of corruption somewhere in the macport registry or
> something?

Yes, this sounds like something wrong got written to the registry. Is
it even called the registry? I don't know.

Check the file /opt/local/var/macports/receipts/libpqxx/receipt.bz2
-- copy it somewhere else, decompress it, look into it, see if it
looks like valid Tcl. Or attach it here and I'll look at it.

My first guess would be the newlines in your long_description. I'm
building it now myself to see what's happening, but it will take
awhile to build the postgresql83 dependency and its dependencies.