building gnucash

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.info
Mon Sep 22 16:22:51 PDT 2008

I was trying to 'port install gnucash' the other day, and the building
process failed on some dependencies.  What surprised me was the sheer
scale of the set of dependencies.  For example, one of the listed failed
dependencies was 'nautilus'.  Isn't this a GNOME file manager GUI?  I
can't see why gnucash would require nautilus installation.  So I'm
wondering if somehow I've gotten macports misconfigured, or if there's
some way to build a more minimal gnucash version.

thanks,