taglib won't install (problem with gcc4.0 blacklisted)

rhubbell rhubbell at ihubbell.com
Tue Sep 23 14:59:08 PDT 2008

Hello all,

I'm new to macports and have run into a problem. I installed macports
1.60 on Tiger and everything went fine after a few fits and starts. But
the last package I wanted to install failed.

I attempted to install:

sudo port install taglib

It gets to the configure stage and bails out stating that gcc4.0 is
blacklisted and to either upgrade or downgrade gcc.

To me it seems like the tail wants to wag the dog.  I'd rather not
change gcc unless someone can show me a painless way to do it with
breaking things.

Thanks for any advice.