Configure error macport - mkvToolnix

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Sep 24 18:03:17 PDT 2008

On Sep 24, 2008, at 18:53, Mine wrote:

> On 24 Sep 2008, at 22:28, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>>> I have (sudo mv /sw /sw-off,  sudo mv /usr/local /usr/local-off)
>>> both sets of directories,
>>> configured boost and sent you the configure file. I assume you
>>> didn't want me to
>>> send the config file to the list so I just sent it to you. I have
>>> not installed boost yet
>>> just in case there are any changes to be made before installing.
>>
>> You sent me the configure script, but I already have that. :) I
>> need the output the configure script produces when run on your
>> system. That's the config.log file.
>
> Should I  install boost to create the config.log, or should it be
> created after 'sudo port configure boost'. I'm asking because
> I can't find it in the 'work' folder. I have searched in the finder
> and I have also used ' locate config.log' which I assume
> should find it if it exists.

Oh. Sorry, I didn't realize boost's configure script wasn't generated
by autoconf so it doesn't write a config.log.

So we'll have to settle for a log of the entire build process. Try this:

sudo port clean --work boost
sudo port -d install boost build.jobs=1 2>&1 | tee ~/Desktop/boost.txt
bzip2 ~/Desktop/boost.txt

Then attach boost.txt.bzip2 from your Desktop.

FYI, my boost build also says:

Building Boost.Regex with the optional Unicode/ICU support disabled.
Please refer to the Boost.Regex documentation for more information
(don't panic: this is a strictly optional feature).

This seems OK to me since the portfile uses " --without-icu" in the
configure.args.