Zfs & MacPorts

Charles Darwin macports.users at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 06:00:06 PDT 2008

On 28-Sep-08, at 8:33 AM, Rainer Müller wrote:

> Charles Darwin wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Is it possible to install ports on a zfs formatted volume?
>
> Can't think of a reason why it should not be possible.

As of now it is not possible to boot from zfs so I thought if I have
something like grep (OK, bad example) installed through ports that
might cause problem during the start up since it's part of Darwin.
Then I guess my question is; is any part of Darwin (except of course
xnu) involved in startup process and/or does it matter if they do?

Charles