Gnome won't install

Bryan Blackburn 0x62_0x6c_0x62 at pobox.com
Mon Sep 29 22:09:43 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 02:18:38PM +1000, Benedick Miller said:
> Hello,
> I am new here. I couldn't find this issue in the archives, in fact I
> couldn't find a way to effectively search the archives. I have
> installed Macports mainly so I can install Gnucash 2.2.7 from source,
> for which I need gnome2 guile and slib . I have an intel MacBook pro
> with OS X 10.5.5 and Xcode 311_2517 (the latest I could find) and
> MacPorts 1.6.0 and  I did a "port selfupdate" before starting.

Note that many of the gnome-related ports have been recently upgraded to the
latest version (including the libgnomeui port which failed for you which is
now 2.24.0).  So first be sure to run

$ sudo port selfupdate

to get all the current Portfiles, then try again.  Also note that there are
many gnome-based ports, so some may have been missed or could fail because
of the upgrade.  If that happens, be sure to open tickets.

Bryan

[...]