Gnome won't install

Bryan Blackburn 0x62_0x6c_0x62 at pobox.com
Tue Sep 30 01:43:26 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 05:27:31PM +1000, Benedick Miller said:

> On 30 Sep 2008, at 15:09, Bryan Blackburn wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 02:18:38PM +1000, Benedick Miller said:
> >> Hello,
> >> I am new here. I couldn't find this issue in the archives, in fact I
> >> couldn't find a way to effectively search the archives. I have
> >> installed Macports mainly so I can install Gnucash 2.2.7 from source,
> >> for which I need gnome2 guile and slib . I have an intel MacBook pro
> >> with OS X 10.5.5 and Xcode 311_2517 (the latest I could find) and
> >> MacPorts 1.6.0 and  I did a "port selfupdate" before starting.
> >>

> > Note that many of the gnome-related ports have been recently
> > upgraded to the
> > latest version (including the libgnomeui port which failed for you
> > which is
> > now 2.24.0).  So first be sure to run
> >
> > $ sudo port selfupdate
> >
> > to get all the current Portfiles, then try again.  Also note that
> > there are
> > many gnome-based ports, so some may have been missed or could fail
> > because
> > of the upgrade.  If that happens, be sure to open tickets.
> >
> > Bryan
> >
> > [...]
>
> Thanks for the reply, but if you read my initial post I did "sudo port
> update" first you even quoted it! See above.

Hmm, did it fail then?  If I run 'port info libgnomeui':

libgnomeui 2.24.0, gnome/libgnomeui (Variants: universal)

So you for some reason aren't picking up the latest, which selfupdate should
have done.  You can try 'sudo port -d selfupdate' to see more information on
what it is and isn't doing.

Bryan