libglade2 fails to install with an xmlcatalog error?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Sep 30 20:26:16 PDT 2008

On one of my systems I got:

Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: shell command
"xmlcatalog --noout --add system http://glade.gnome.org/
glade-2.0.dtd /mp/share/xml/libglade/glade-2.0.dtd /mp/etc/xml/
catalog" returned error 2
Command output: could not open /mp/etc/xml/catalog for saving
add command failed

/mp is my MacPorts prefix. There is a directory /mp/etc but no
directory /mp/etc/xml.