can not install anypost

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Apr 2 17:14:37 PDT 2009

On Apr 2, 2009, at 11:20, Tatum Wang wrote:

> 2009/4/2 Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Mar 31, 2009, at 07:32, Tatum Wang wrote:
>>
>>> Today I am trying to use it to install gnuplot and gawk and other
>>> things, but it always display that <The process has forked and
>>> you cannot use this CoreFoundation functionality safely. You MUST
>>> exec().>.
>>> Does anybody have this problem?
>>
>> I am familiar with that problem with PHP used as an Apache module
>> on Leopard; see:
>>
>> http://trac.macports.org/ticket/15909
>>
>> However, I don't know what "anypost" is, and I don't know why you
>> would get the error when trying to install gnuplot or gawk with
>> MacPorts. Can you show us exactly what command you typed, and
>> exactly what output was produced? Also let us know what version of
>> Mac OS X, Xcode, and MacPorts you have, and on what Mac. Thanks.
>
>   I have seen the problem described in the page http://
> trac.macports.org/ticket/15909, and the error is much same. Blow is
> the command I used and also with the error indication:

[snip]

> sh-3.2# port install mipsel-linux-gcc34
> --->  Fetching mipsel-linux-binutils
> --->  Attempting to fetch binutils-2.16.1.tar.bz2 from http://
> arn.se.distfiles.macports.org/binutils
> The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation
> functionality safely. You MUST exec().
> Break on
> __THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTI
> ONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__() to debug.
> The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation
> functionality safely. You MUST exec().
> Break on
> __THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTI
> ONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__() to debug.
> The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation
> functionality safely. You MUST exec().
> Break on
> __THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTI
> ONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__() to debug.
> The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation
> functionality safely. You MUST exec().
> Break on
> __THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTI
> ONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__() to debug.
> The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation
> functionality safely. You MUST exec().
> Break on
> __THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTI
> ONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__() to debug.
> The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation
> functionality safely. You MUST exec().
> Break on
> __THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTI
> ONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__() to debug.
> The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation
> functionality safely. You MUST exec().
>

> The above words--
> __THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTI
> ONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__() to debug.The process has forked and you
> cannot use this CoreFoundation functionality safely. You MUST exec().
> also appears when I install gnuplot and gawk and Texshop and any
> other available ports.
>  My computer system is Mac Os X 10.5.6 (Leopard), the xcode is
> Xcode 3.0, MacPorts version is 1.7.1 and my Macbook is MacBook5,1.

First, please update to the latest version of Xcode, which is 3.1.3
for Leopard.

After you install that, clean the failing port -- for example, in
this case:

sudo port clean mipsel-linux-binutils

Then try installing again, but with the debug flag:

sudo port -d install mipsel-linux-binutils 2>&1 | tee ~/Desktop/
output.txt

Then, if you still get the error, please send the file output.txt
from your desktop to the list so we can have a look.

P.S: Use Reply All so your reply goes to the list too, not just to me.