Suggested updates to MAMP pages

Scott Haneda talklists at newgeo.com
Fri Apr 3 02:04:37 PDT 2009

On Apr 3, 2009, at 2:00 AM, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Scott Haneda wrote:
>
>> http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/MAMP
>>
>> The section where the docs state:
>>> In /opt/local/apache2/conf/extra/httpd-userdir.conf, add the
>>> following lines to the end of the file:
>>>
>>> # # Include user configurations # Include /private/etc/httpd/users/
>>> *.conf
>> The include path is wrong
>> Include /private/etc/httpd/users/*.conf		<- incorrect
>> Include /private/etc/apache2/users/*.conf	<- correct
>
> Probably more like Tiger/Leopard than "incorrect"/"correct"...

Ah, good point.  Did not think about that.  So there should be some
notes added in that regard.  I also found that php does not load with
the settings mentioned on the page.

The loading of the php module is done by
#
# Include PHP configurations
#
Include conf/extras-conf/mod_php.conf

 From where httpd.conf sits, at /opt/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf
Apache 2 can not locate the file.  It is silent about the issue,
but .php files will be downloaded, and not parsed.

Rather than fiddling with relative and absolute, as I just want to
test a few things out locally on this macbook, I changed it to
Include /opt/local/apache2/conf/extras-conf/mod_php.conf

I could not use ../ in the path name, that seems to be invalid for
apache2.  I am not sure why the original form did not work, I believe
it should have, but it does not.  The full path certainly does.